- An infant may show signs of neurodevelopmental disorders from the first days of its life. The earlier the doctor identifies these indications, the better the chance for rehabilitation.
- The Infant’s Integrated Therapeutic Approach Department started its operation in ELEPAP in September 2011. It is open to infants up to 18 months old with motor retardation, to premature infants after a prolonged NICU stay or children with a high risk of developing various neurodevelopmental problems (psychomotor retardation, cerebral palsy etc.).
- The therapeutic programs are provided in the facilities of ELEPAP.
- The infants attend a long-term personalized therapeutic program designed for their needs.
In addition to the therapeutic programs, infants at the same time are assessed and monitored
Regularly by a:
- Pediatric Neurologist
- Pediatric Psychiatrist
Daily by a:
- Orthopedic surgeon
The Pediatric Practice at ELEPAP was created by Mrs. Liza Papagiannouli, Professor Emeritus at the University of Athens, regular member and a dear friend and loyal volunteer at ELEPAP. She has been running the practice at the organization in Athens, in order to provide dental care to pre-school children from 6 months to 6 years old. ELEPAP Athens works together with the 2nd Orthopedic Clinic and the Pediatric Neurology Clinic of the “A. Kyriakou” Children’s Hospital.
Mrs. Papagiannouli works together with volunteer pediatric dentists, Andreas Agouropoulos, Associate Professor and Filippa Panteleon as well as assistant Michaela Terzidou. The physical infrastructure of the Dental Practice was provided by the corporate sponsor SADENT and Mr. Spyros Sarigiannis.
Mrs. Papagiannouli and her scientific team, with valuable experience and know-how, take care of the dental health of infants and children. On a regular basis, they carry out free check-ups, record needs and provide basic dental care for infants and children.
Preventive dental care is necessary for all children and even more so for ELEPAP kids, who may face difficulties in terms of chewing, moving and communicating.
The pediatric dental practice of ELEPAP works successfully with the Pediatric Dentist Laboratory of the Athens School of Dentistry.
Parent psychology also plays an important role in their children’s rehabilitation. Parents of infants coming to ELEPAP are called upon to speedily assimilate new challenges and to rise to them.
Their psychological support and education, as regards their children’s needs, is undertaken by specialized ELEPAP staff [doctors - therapists]. Great emphasis is attached to the parents also being able to continue the program at home.
In addition, the collaboration with the ELEPAP Child Psychiatry Practice as part of a multidisciplinary program helps ensure infants' mental health and stress management for the family.
We are and shall remain by your side throughout this journey
Together we shall deal with all the challenges and will ensure that your child has the best possible care, from a medical, treatment and counselling standpoint.
Do not hesitate to contact us.
- Program Head, Dr. E. Skouteli, Pediatric Neurologist, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Consultant